Praying for the Nation of Scotland
Praying for revival in the church and transformation in the nation
In Unity: by committing to working together.
Through Faith: by believing our prayers are being effective.
With Perseverance: by never giving up!
Pray for Scotland exists to promote and support prayer for every aspect of our nation. We believe “prayer changes things” and that “God hears and answers our prayers”.
You will find information about the latest events being planned, and reports on significant previous events and prophetic words spoken over Scotland. You can sign up to receive our e-letters and printed newsletters – see panel on left – and if you need any more information, or you want us to visit you or lead training on prayer or Lighthouses – please contact us by email, phone or post.
‘Lord, may Your Church continue to cry out :
“Your Kingdom come, Your will be done!” ‘
Pray for Scotland
Pray for Scotland is a networking prayer ministry. Our vision is to see the Church, the ‘Body of Christ’ in every community, united in saturating Scotland in prayer for:
- revival in the Church,
- transformation in every area of society,
- the Kingdom of God to rule and reign in Scotland.
A key part of our vision is to see every street in Scotland prayed for regularly – a ‘Lighthouse of Prayer’ in every street.
We believe that as folk from different church backgrounds meet regularly to pray for their community and the nation, unity in purpose will grow and God will ‘command His blessing’. [John 17:22; Psalm 133]
[For the full vision and more background click here]
Autumn 2016 newsletter now available
You can read our latest newsletter here. If you would like a paper copy for a friend or extra copies for your church, please email us.
Paper copies are being posted out to our mailing list during the first half of October.
Please keep praying!
Not only was the result a surprise, but every day since the surprises keep on coming! Harold Wilson, a Labour Prime Minister in the 1960’s once said: “A week is a long time in politics.” Vladimir Lenin, Communist leader at the time of the Russion Revolution in 1917 said: “There are decades when nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen.”
We are in one of those times! As the ‘shaking’ of what was once established and certain continues, all parts of the UK need our prayers at this crucial time.
- for a ‘spirit of reconciliation’ to be released bringing back together those divided by the campaign and result – and that the church everywhere would take a lead in bringing peace and reconciliation to communities.
- for a swift resolution to the crisis in the Labour Party, as we need a strong opposition for a healthy democracy.
- for wisdom for our leaders as they consider the first steps in the negotiation process, and for the provision of men and women with the right skills and experience to conduct the negotiations positively.
- for wisdom for Government and party leaders in Scotland as they seek to deal with the implications of the Scottish vote.
- for wisdom for Mark Carney and his team at the Bank of England as they seek to deal with the economic issues, and for calm to be restored to the financial markets.
Praying the Lord’s Prayer daily
A few years ago many thousands in the nation joined in a prayer initiative to stop what they were doing in the middle of each day and spend a few moments praying the Lord’s Prayer. Many are still doing this – are you one of them? It only takes a few moments – set your watch or phone for a time that suits you and join in!
We can only do what we do because of the generous donations from supporters, and to all who give – whether regularly or ‘one-off’ we say a big ‘Thank you!’ If you wish to support us please click here for details of how you can make a gift or set up a regular donation.