Thank you so much for your prayers. All three clubs had a sense of God being at the centre of the club. Please continue to pray for the children, that the seeds of God’s word would continue to be watered wherever they are.
Answered prayer for Prestonpans Holiday Club:
We were blessed with:
• A great opportunity to outreach to local children: 81 children came and heard that Jesus is the Light of the world.
• An amazing team: 23 over 16s and 16 teenagers gave their time and talents to share their love of Jesus with the children – and survived the week!
• A chance to shine for God: several children remarked on the team being noticeably different because they are Christians.
• Good conversations: with children wanting to go deeper in their faith, as well as those wanting to know how to become a Christian.
• God’s provision of all we needed: safety, good weather, finance, etc.
• Good connections with families: parents’ coffee mornings had more people visiting than last year and the Thursday night family evening was well attended by families who experienced their first ‘Messy church’ (which is about to be launched at Prestongrange Church next week).
• A chance to outreach to young people: the three X Mark youth nights were well attended by the secondary age group with good fun, great conversations, and lots of hot chocolate as we looked at the experiences of Jonah.
Answered prayer for Tranent Holiday Club:
during the club:
– volunteers, children and families had a great time with God and each other!
– exact amount of volunteers required each day!
– provision of finances to run the week club
– 39 children and their families reached!
– safety throughout
– weather beautiful just when we needed it
– encouragement of volunteers who all want to sign up for the next club
– young helpers very encouraged by the week
after the club:
– families asking for the next club
– additional finances received for the coming year of clubs!
– a few families attended local churches that Sunday
– a family has plugged into a local Messy Church!
Answered Prayer for Musselburgh Holiday Club
God truly blessed Musselburgh Holiday Club and we had many prayers answered during the week.
We had around 20 children every day who all really seemed to enjoy themselves and listened extremely well to the Bible stories. It was a great week for building up relationships with both the children and their parents, with almost all the children bringing an adult along to our family night! There was also really positive feedback from many parents. Thank God for the positive witness the week was to them.
Another great answer to prayer was the team. Everyone worked really hard and bonded during the week. It was especially exciting to have 6 young helpers, and to see them develop in confidence and faith during the club. It was amazing to see many of the team taking on new tasks and encouraging each other in them. I was particularly aware of God’s presence as I was stretched outside of my comfort zones and His help as everything fell into place throughout the week.
“If my people…seek my face and pray….I will heal their land” (2Chron:7:14)